Our Vision (What we see)
A world-class institution graduating transformed leaders and entrepreneurs, with a repertoire of professional skills and ethical values for Africa’s socio-political transformation.
Our Mission (What we do)
To provide multidisciplinary leadership and entrepreneurial education through intellectual scholarship, membership induction, mentoring, and critical research on sustainable human development.
Knowledge, professionalism, and excellence
Corporate Objectives (Mandate)
The general mandate of the Institute is to promote professional leadership development in Nigeria and Africa. Specific mandates of the Institute include the following:
- To establish Institutes for the promotion of leadership development, public enlightenment, manpower and human development, through facilitated learning;
- To organize leadership training programmes, promote recruitment, continuing education and enhance the professional skills development of leaders;
- To identify and harness the intellectual potentials of leaders, train and equip them adequately for challenges of leadership for positive accelerated development of the society;
- To provide durable feasibility studies, extra-curricular activities and sponsor research leading to the development of transformational leadership;
- To organize seminars and conferences on Public Service and Governance in Nigeria, and provide facilities for training and re-training of public servants;
- To encourage foreign and local interaction, interchange of cultural, political and economic ideas for development purposes;
- To provide all infrastructures, facilities and amenities required to carry out the objectives including classrooms, halls, libraries, workshops, board and lodging facilities, physical fitness facilities, administrative and staff office, and other recreational facilities;
- To engage in publication of educational journal, magazines, catalogues and other literary works, undertake printing and lithographing works so as to enhance professional leadership skills development;
- To establish contact with other Organizations with similar objectives at home and abroad including tertiary institutions in areas of research and development.
The Institute has two arms:
- Training Arm – This is responsible for developing academic and non-academic curricula, implementing and evaluating the Institute’s human development Programmes.
- Membership Arm. This is responsible for recruiting and inducting qualified individuals into the Institute as members, and ensuring they have access to continuing professional leadership development and networking opportunities in Nigeria and around the world.
The Governing Council comprises men and women of outstanding professional and career accomplishments. The Council provides general guidance and direction for the Institute; participates in Strategic Policy Formulations; advises the Board of Directors on critical matters that are referred to them.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors under the leadership of the President/CEO is responsible for implementing the objects of the Institute; ensures institutional effectiveness, viability and accountability as well as sustains the legal and ethical integrity of the Institute.
The Management is responsible for daily administration of the Institute. It is headed by the Chief Executive Officer. Other key Officers in the management are:
- Dean of Programmes – Responsible for Academic Programmes’ development and implementation; as well as Membership Inductions.
- Registrar – Responsible for non-academic Programmes; and all Ancillary Programmes of the Institute.
- Director, Finance & Administration – Oversees finance and accounts, budgets, personnel, and human resources.
- Director of Operations – Coordinates operational logistics; Monitors quality assurance in programming, and facilities development and maintenance.
- Director, Cooperation & Research – coordinates all Research activities as well as the Centres at the Institute.
International Advisory Board – IAB
The IAB of Fled Institute functions to expand the Institute’s global exposure and rating. It provides counsel on academic matters, research, funds mobilisation and corporate social impact activities. Membership is drawn from professionals and corporate leaders around the world.