The Institute has two arms:
- Training Arm – This is responsible for developing academic and non-academic curricula, implementing and evaluating the Institute’s human development Programmes.
- Membership Arm. This is responsible for recruiting and inducting different categories of leaders into the Institute for continuing leadership education, professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
The Governing Council comprises men and women of outstanding professional and career accomplishments. The Council provides general guidance and direction for the Institute; participates in Strategic Policy Formulations; advises the Board of Directors on critical matters as well as approves nomination of individuals qualified to receive the Institute’s Honourary Fellowship (HF).
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for implementing the objects of the Institute; ensures institutional effectiveness, viability and accountability as well as sustains the legal and ethical integrity of the Institute.
The Management is responsible for daily administration of the Institute. It is headed by the Chief Executive Officer. Other key Officers in the management are:
- Dean of Programmes – Responsible for Academic Programmes’ development and implementation; and Fled Mentoring Programme.
- Registrar – Responsible for non-academic Programmes; coordinates Fled Foreign Policy Dialogue; Fled Faculty; Fled Membership and Membership Recruitment Consultants.
- Director, Finance & Administration – Oversees finance and accounts, budgets, personnel, and human resources.
- Director of Operations – Coordinates operational logistics; Monitors quality assurance in programming, and Oversees facilities development and maintenance.
- Director, Cooperation & Research – Coordinates Research Fellows and other research activities; cooperation with external partners including Foreign Partners for training and exchange programmes.